The report "5G Infrastructure Market" evaluates the global and regional markets on the basis of communication infrastructure, core network technology and network infrastructure, operational frequency and end-use. The report includes trend analysis and historical market data. The report includes market share analysis, production capabilities by top players, competition overview and strategic imperatives. It also provides an overview of annual sales figures, growth avenues, production overview and competition assessment for target players.
Market Overview and Dynamics
In the 2022-2028 forecast period, 5G infrastructure market value will grow at a rate of more than 50%. The market is experiencing a surge in demand for high-speed data at low latency and increased use of data-heavy apps. Both consumers and businesses are demanding faster bandwidth for various applications, such as entertainment, virtual meetings and cloud-based services. This further boosts the market growth.
In addition, 5G is becoming more important because of the increased number of interconnected devices. According to RationalStat Analysis, the number of active IoT devices will increase from 9.9 billion in 2019 and 21.5 billion by 2025. Non-IoT device connections are expected to continue increasing, but IoT devices will account for about two-thirds (up from one-third in 2019).
Global 5G infrastructure market was valued over US$2.6 billion in 2021. It is projected to reach US$ 65.0 billion by 2028.
The 5G infrastructure demand is further being influenced by rising mobile phone subscriptions, increasing internet penetration, as well as growing Machine-to-Machine connections (M2M), globally. RationalStat projects that the number of global M2M connections will increase by more than 60% from approximately 9.0 billion connections in 2020, to 14.5 billion connections by 2023. The market is growing because of the increasing number of M2M connections. This is due to the need for more bandwidth, which will allow for greater efficiency and productivity.
• Network function virtualization (NFV), which is based on core network technology, dominates the global market. It creates and manages virtual networks functions and scales them. It is used in 5G wireless networks because it offers cost-efficient, energy-saving solutions.
• Based on the operating frequency, less than 6 GHz held a dominant market share in 2021. This was due to increased investment by the top players in acquiring low- and mid-band frequencies.
• Asia Pacific will dominate the global 5G infrastructure market based on its aggressive rollout of 5G networks plans by both public and private players, as well as the growing number of component providers and manufacturers of 5G network solutions in the region.
Competition Analysis: Nokia, Ericsson, and Huawei hold a prominent market share
The global 5G infrastructure market consists of a significant number of industry players and observes healthy competition between them. Leading players such as Qualcomm Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Nokia Corp., Vodafone Group PLC, Intel Corp., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., IBM Corp., Siemens AG, Cisco Systems Inc., NEC Corp., and Fujitsu Ltd. hold a dominant position in the 5G infrastructure ecosystem globally. These industry players are making significant investments to gain a competitive edge over other players and as well as increase market share in the market space. Key developments observed in recent years include,
• In January 2022, Telesat joined hands with ENCQOR 5G to conduct demonstrations, trials, and pilots to advance 5G connectivity. The partnership, however, is particularly for industries operating in rural areas in Canada.
• In January 2022, T-Mobile US Inc. and Crown Castle International Corp. announced a 12-year agreement to support a nationwide 5G of T-Mobile network with increased access to Crown Castle’s towers and small cell locations.
RationalStat has segmented the global 5G infrastructure market on the basis of communication infrastructure, core network technology, network infrastructure, operational frequency, end-use, and region.
• By Communication Infrastructure
o Small Cell
o Macro Cell
o Radio Access Network (RAN)
o Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
• By Core Network Technology
o Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
o Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
• By Network Infrastructure
o 5G Standalone
o 5G Non-Standalone
• By Operational Frequency
o Less than 6GHz
o More than 6GHz
• By End-Use
o IT & Telecom
o Consumer Electronics
o Energy & Utilities
o Others (Media & Entertainment, Transportation, Logistics, etc.)
• By Region
o North America
o Latin America
Rest of Latin America
o Western Europe
Rest of Western Europe
o Eastern Europe
Rest of Eastern Europe
o Asia Pacific
ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
Rest of Asia Pacific
o Middle East & Africa
Rest of the Middle East & Africa
For more information about this report visit https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-5g-infrastructure-market/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the clients’ needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, procurement intelligence, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Kimberly Shaw, Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429