Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to indulge and spoil your mother rotten. Treat her to some special artisan food or drink products made with passion and put a smile on her face.
Here are ten top treat ideas from the www.MeltedInside.com team. You can have the products delivered to your doorstep or direct to your mother.
1) If your mother has a sweet tooth and loves chocolate, this beautiful vegan, sustainably sourced chocolate is made using the highest quality cocoa and will taste like no other she will have tried. The chocolate is handcrafted in limited numbers by Tosier Chocolate. The natural goodness of the cocoa is retained by creating individual roasting profiles for each bean and its harvest. The team only makes a limited number of bars from each harvest as availability of these beans is finite and each harvest unique.
2) If your mummy likes honey, this smooth wildflower honey will be a cut above any honey she has tasted before. Maker, the award-winning Travelling Bee Company supplies the highest quality honey. It is completely natural, 100% raw, unprocessed and it looks and tastes magnificent. The team extracts only the honey the bees can spare using a natural beekeeping practice that involves hand spinning the honey out of its comb. Much of the honey comes from hives across the North East of England, Northumberland and by the shores of the Kyles of Bute, Argyll, Scotland while some comes from further afield.
3) For something more unusual yet still healthy, how about a melt-in-the-mouth sesame-based sweet treat. This Tahin Helva is handcrafted in Istanbul by artisan confectioners using Turkish sesame and Antep Pistachios and no artificial flavours or colours. Gluten free and 100% plant-based, this product is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. Carefully packaged in an elegant handmade wooden box, Tahin Helva definitely makes a beautiful gift for any lady with a good taste.
4) Another eye-catching, sweet delicacy are the patented Yum Yum Sushi Desserts. You could buy the luxury gift box with a collection of 25 delicious treats. Flavours include: Triple Chocolate; Chocolate Orange; Mint Chocolate; Sea Salt Caramel; Marshmallow Smores; Red Velvet; Strawberry; Lemon Sherbet; Carrot Cake; Blackberry Honey Lavender; Chocolate Bourbon; Whisky and Baileys. The dynamic duo behind Yum Yum Sushi are John and Lisa Hines with John being an award-winning chef Lisa a highly skilled baker and cake decorator. You can probably guess from their creations - they both LOVE colours.
5) Sticking with the theme of deserts, we must include this edible delight made by artisan Vie whose Jamaican Rum Cakes are truly special treats for special people on special occasions. Baked in her award-winning bakery in Kendal, Cumbria, which has achieved “green certification”, the cakes are made with local, free-range eggs and flour and are hand-wrapped. The Delish version of the cake is made with Whitehaven Spiced Rum by Richardsons of Whitehaven. It is delicious served with rich creams, ice-cream, hot custard or cheese. Simply divine!
6) If your mum enjoys cooking - especially Indian food - she will love Curry On Cooking's range of currylicious kits. Quicker and healthier than ordering a takeaway, they are free from gluten, nuts, sugar, dairy, additives and preservatives while being vegan, slow cooker and slimming and Fodmap friendly. This kit comes with eight curry kits, an apron and a bag.
7) Or what could be more fun than a Spice Kitchen subscription? Each month your mum will receive all the spices she needs and a free recipe guide to transform mundane mealtimes into delicious meals from around the world. Spice Kitchen is a family owned artisanal spice and tea company run by mother and son team Sanjay and Shashi Aggarwal. They source the freshest spices and teas from around the world which are carefully hand-blended, roasted, ground, stored and packed just before sending.
8) A ready made blood orange mimosa cocktail is the perfect drink for when mum just wants to put her feet up or have a celebration. Sipful was founded in 2020 by husband and wife team Darius and Emily who produce a range of wine-based canned drinks. They are devoted to only using 100% natural ingredients that create a fresh, balanced and quaffable tipple.
9) Wonderfully novel and super cute, this special set of four miniature tins full of deliciously crafted gin is letterbox friendly. It’s the ideal gin gift to send to your mum if you can’t see her in person. Beautifully presented in a pink boxes, each set contains four different 35ml tins.
10) For coffee loving mums Flor de Outubro is one of a kind with its delicious and luxurious notes of caramel, sugarcane and plums. The Red Cataui beans originate from one of the highest parts of Brazil and are naturally processed. Flor de Outubro is a medium roast, full-bodied coffee. Naturally processed, it is well balanced, rich and indulgent. Maker Sidineia Wilson treks to the highest farms in Brazil to source the finest coffee beans and is committed to roasting sustainable and direct trade coffee while forging relationships directly with coffee producers at farms in their native countries.
Melted Inside is running a promotion. For any order above £30, customers will receive a beautiful large size cotton tea towel for free. Everyone who has received one so far loves them, so don’t miss out.
More about Melted Inside
Meltedinside.com was established and designed to share the love of what artisan makers do every day and the love they put into creating products for shoppers looking to buy real food from real people. If you are an artisan food maker and interested in joining Melted Inside please email [email protected]
Melted Inside is a member of the Good Market community - a curated platform that makes it easier to find and connect with social enterprises, responsible businesses and changemakers who are creating a better world.
Melted Inside is the Best Rural Retail Business of the East Region of the Rural Business Awards 2021.
For more information, interviews, images or if you would like to review one of Melted Inside’s products please contact Suzi Christie [email protected]