The solution is to archive data to secondary storage systems designed for long-term data preservation and archiving, such as Blu-Ray Disc archiving and storage systems. For automated policy-based migration of cold data from main storage to Archival Blu-Ray Discs and offline storage in the DiscStor 900 smart disc storage cabinet, the Olympus Series - Archive Edition software is simple to install and use.
Most programmes do not natively support archive storage systems (such as tape and optical) and require a common storage access interface such as CIFS. The VFS (Virtual File System) module in Storage Manager - Archive Edition offers a native Windows file system. It provides regular CIFS file system access to archive storage systems. This means that applications can use the Olympus Archive Systems' features without requiring any modifications.
DiscStor 900 Disc Storage System
- Optical Disc Storage System on its Own
- Rugged Metal Construction
- Dimensions: 34"W x 77"H x 14"D
- Embedded touchscreen computer with Windows operating system and Disc Manager database software. 980 total disc capacity - 490 slots with bundled 2-disc cases
- Approximately 50TB of storage space (considering 50GB BD-R DL)
- LED lights to indicate disc position
- Ethernet connection
- Expandable - up to 16 units may be controlled by a single master unit
- Door locking mechanism incorporated
For additional information visit website: https://www.allprosolutions.com/optical-disc-archiving-storage/